USHL Play of the Year
Friday July 13, 2012
Alex Broadhurst, Nolan Zajac, and Austin Cangelosi all scored goals that were among the best of the 2011-12 USHL season. (photos by Marshall Art Photography, Jason Dittberner, and Rob Bindler)
Vote for the best play of 2011-12
Although one of the greatest seasons in USHL history is in the books, we wanted to re-live some of the best moments of 2011-12. There were so many great plays to choose from during the season, but we narrowed it down to ten of the best. Vote for the best play of the year in the "poll" section on the front page of USHL.com.
– Defenseman Nolan Zajac dangles through traffic to score the game-winner for the Omaha Lancers
– Indiana Ice goaltender Jon Gillies gets credit for scoring a goal
– Jose Delgadillo rips a slap shot that sticks in the back of the net for the Sioux City Musketeers
– Zemgus Girgensons uses nifty stick work to score a goal for the Dubuque Fighting Saints
– Matt DeBlouw lofts a pass to John Padulo for a Muskegon Lumberjacks goal
– Sam Rothstein makes a move to win the shootout for the Sioux Falls Stampede
– Kevin Roy makes history with his 50th goal of the season for the Lincoln Stars
– Green Bay Gamblers forward Alex Broadhurst completes the first shorthanded hat trick in USHL history
– Stephon Williams loses his glove but still makes the big save for the Waterloo Black Hawks
– Austin Cangelosi flips the puck over the defense and scores the playoff overtime winner for the Youngstown Phantoms
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the USHL celebrated its 10th season as the nation's only Tier I junior hockey league in 2011-12. With 28 picks during the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and over 280 players already committed to NCAA Division I schools this season, the USHL has emerged as the world’s foremost producer of junior hockey talent. For more information, visit us on the web at www.USHL.com or visit the League’s social media platforms, including Facebook (www.facebook.com/ushlhockey), twitter (www.twitter.com/ushl), and YouTube (www.youtube.com/ushlinteractive). Fans can also watch USHL action all season long, live or on-demand via FASTHockey (ushl.fasthockey.com).
It’s not just hockey. It’s the USHL.